Friday, November 12, 2010

Reviving this blog. Thanks to easy way of posting by email :-) or getting even with Nikhat Kazmi of TOI. Man, never understood why she gets people motivated about movies that don't deserve a visit and doesn't give even a low five to real good movies. Anyways, people have different tastes so for better or worse I think I would like to publish my ideas on movies here. Won't write a whole lot about a Movie and won't be able to write about whole lot of movies (Don't get money for watching like Nikhat gets) but would surely give you an idea of what I really felt after watching the movie. Take it or..

For starters, I would like to tell you the parameters I'm going to use for rating a movie so you can decide if I think like you or have taste buds err experience buds like you. So, here are the parameters:

First and top most: Theme! Movie and all characters should stick to theme all the time. Really not a big fan of a normal guy all of a sudden started flying or have a complete change of heart in a second. Can't believe it; won't rate it.

Second: Chemistry: In other words listening skills of actors. Would like to see if actors are really working with each other or for the camera. This parameter takes higher stage than story (next one) as sometimes you are able to watch a movie without a very decent story just based on the collaborative work of actors but not other way round. What can I say I'm a big believer of team work :-)

Third: Story line, as promised: Not thinking about a touching one or about a message. Think story line should be believable. I know the first question you have: Does it mean sci-fi movies are all out of the window. Nope. You can believe a sci-fi movie if it has some logic to it. Example, ,my favorite "Matrix".

Fourth: Direction: I know, I know: So what did I say above? I can name some movies that were made by best of the directors and were successful but I think either they were sleep walking through it or just were not in a good mood while directing. Director's first job is to connect the audience with the movie and to do so he has to make his make-believe world a reality for the audience. Didn't get it? I give you an example, Did you realize that in Lagaan all the villagers were wearing cleanest of clothes possible especially Bhuvan's just came from the next door laundromat. I didn't like it.

Fifth, last but not least element: Characterization of the actor. Now, it takes a whole lot for actor to get into skin of character but if he is still himself (actor) then he has not done justice to the character. You don't want to watch same actor you saw few days back playing a King now playing a lover boy. You go to watch a King in that movie and lover boy in the next one. Forget the actor!

So, let's get started and see what lies on the path of...whatever..let's just get started.

No comments: